Evaluation of Kindergarten applicants consists of four parts:
- Application and fee
- Age-Normed Readiness Assessment
- The Academy will be using a new, developmentally-appropriate assessment for prospective students applying to kindergarten. The Admission Assessment for Beginning Learners (AABL) is an engaging, interactive, tablet-based (iPad) evaluation that provides insight into a child’s abilities with regard to reasoning and achievement.
- Please take a moment to visit the ERB website. This website provides a comprehensive overview of the assessment as well as a demonstration video.
- Preschool Recommendation
- The Preschool Teacher recommendation will be emailed to the child’s preschool and returned directly to Fort Worth Academy. If a child is an applicant to more than one school, the school that is administering the individual assessment is the school of record and will forward a copy of the testing and recommendation to the other applicant schools.
- Classroom Visit
- Applicants will participate in small group activities with our Academy teachers.
Once your application
is received, Jennifer Rand, Ph.D., Admission Associate, will contact you to schedule individual testing.
Although the general application deadline for Kindergarten-8th grade
has passed for 2019-2020 school year, Fort Worth Academy will continue to accept additional applications on a rolling/space-available basis throughout the year.Deadlines and Decision Dates
Are you wondering if your child is ready for kindergarten? Here are some helpful articles for your review.Kindergarten Readiness
Is My Child Ready for Kindergarten?