When bad weather is predicted, Fort Worth Academy leadership monitors forecasts closely in order to make decisions that maintain the safety of students, families, faculty, and staff.
The decision to close school or delay its opening for the day is made as early as possible. When the decision is made:
- Parents will receive a notification (text and voicemail) via the Parent Alert System (using the information you provided in FACTS).
- An announcement will be placed in the FACTS Family Portal.
- Information will be posted on Facebook and in the Moms & Dads Facebook group.
- An announcement (via a pop-up window) will be made on this site.
- There will also be announcements on Channels 5, 11, and 21; and Local NBC and CBS websites.
There will be no notification when FWA is open for a regular school day.