Arrival: 8:00* AM
Begin: 8:15 AM
Dismissal: 3:00 PM
*Lower School (grades K thru 4) doors are locked until 8:00 AM. Here after 7:45 but before 8:00? We'll get your student to Before School Care free of charge.)
Arrival: 7:45 AM
Begin: 8:15 AM
Dismissal: 3:15 PM
Offered for all grades, K–8.
Before School Care: $10/day for students arriving between 7:00 and 7:45 AM. (There is no charge for students arriving after 7:45.)
- After School Care (a.k.a. Later Blazers) for Grades K-4: $15 per student flat rate. Available from 3:15 PM to 6:00 PM. (Lower School students not picked up by 3:15 PM will be sent to After Care and $15 charged to the family's account.)
After School Study Hall for Grades 5-8: $15 per student flat rate. Available from 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM. (Middle School students not picked up by 3:30 will be sent to Study Hall and the family account charged $15.)
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter, (Academy News) and The Week Ahead.
- Check the FACTS Family Portal for the school calendar and other information.
- Join the Facebook Academy Parents Group. You can also follow us on Instagram (@fortworthacademy) and Twitter (@FWacademy)
- Download the Fort Worth Academy App from either the Apple or Google Apps store.
The Trailblazer Spirit Shop also has a selection of gently used uniform pieces for sale as well as PE uniforms. Since proceeds from the Spirit Shop fund Parent Club activities and events for students, we encourage parents to shop there when possible.
The Trailblazer Spirit Shop is your only source for dry-fit uniform shirts, outerwear, spirit shirts and gently used resale uniform items. Gym uniforms for middle school students are also sold here. You can shop online at fwaspiritshop.com or contact the school to set up an appointment to shop in person.
Beginning on August 26, lunch will be available every day for students to purchase. (Students may also bring their own lunches from home.) You do not need to preorder lunch online. Instead, each school day, your child's teacher will ask students if they are purchasing a lunch for the next day, then they will turn in that count for orders. Your FACTS account will be billed for lunch purchases when they are delivered.
Until the middle school building is complete in September, students in grades K through 4 will eat lunch in their classrooms (if they ordered lunch, it will be delivered to them). Students in grades 5 through 8 will purchase lunch by going through the line in the Cafe. Once the middle school building is complete, all grades will be able to receive and eat their lunch in the Cafe. Monthly menus are included in the newsletter and in the FACTS Parent Portal so that you and your student can look it over together!
- Student Lunch: $7.10 (includes milk or water)
- Milk: $1.55 each (if individually ordered; also available to students who bring lunch)
- Ice cream: $1.85 each (beginning in September, available on Fridays and to students who both order and bring lunch.)
In order to wear Spirit Shirts on Fridays, students need to purchase a T-shirt Pass. The purchase of a pass includes the special Spirit t-shirt of the year (a 40th Anniversary Spirit Shirt) and an FWA 40th Anniversary car decal! Fill out this form by August 31 to get your pass!
Questions about something in class? Email the teacher!
If your child will be absent, going to be picked up early, or picked up by a different person, email their teacher and Ms. Mary (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the front desk.
- Having troubles with accessing your FACTS Family Portal? Contact Jennifer Rand (email@example.com).
- Question about your bill? Contact Ana Cole (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Having issues with an FWA-issued technology device? Contact Cindy Speirs (email@example.com).
- Questions regarding Lower School? Contact Kathy Uhr (firstname.lastname@example.org) Middle School? Contact Sharon Rice (email@example.com).